- Processor: Intel Pentium III / AMD Athlon MP
- Graphics: AMD Mobility Radeon 7500 64MB or NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX 400 64MB
- System Memory: 128 MB RAM
- Storage: 256 MB Hard drive space
- DirectX 8 Compatible Graphics Card
Although the Pcsx emulators are arguably the best when it comes to running play station games they are extremely hard to set up.
Luckily, now there are guides for this particular set up and today I bring to one of the easiesnt and most straight forward of the guides. Just three steps and you could teach ME a thing or to about the PCSX and its emulation capabilities.
First, get the files you will need, they are:
1) The pcsx installer, download from : http://ps1emulator.com/
2) Zlib1.dll from : http://sourceforge.net/projects/libpng/files/zlib/1.2.5/zlib125-dll.zip/download
3) OpenGL2 PSX GPU Plugin from: http://www.pbernert.com/gpupeteogl209.zip
4) SOFT GPU Plugin from : http://www.pbernert.com/gpupeopssoftwin118b.zip
5) And the BIOS file which you will have to find yourself using various search engines. We are not allowed to distribute a BIOSsince doing so is illegal hence, get it from the net or make it by yourself from a working Play station
Next, create a folder called PCSX and extract the first two files into it. This will create sub folders within the PCSX folder, called plugins and BIOS. Next, extract the opengl file (no. 3) into the plugins folder and put the bios in the BIOS folder.
Now, to start the emulator, go to the emulators exe file located in the PCS folder, and right click it. Then go to properties =è compatibility ==è privilege level and check the ‘run as administrator’ option (if you are a windows XP user then you don’t need to do this). Click ok and then double click the exe file again to start the emulator.
Next, you need to get an iso of the game you want to play. You can get the iso online or you can create the iso by burning the games actually CD using demon tools.
Then, create a folder in the PCSX folder called ‘Games’ and put the created/downloaded iso in it.
Finally go to the emulator, click file =è run ISO and then navigate to your games folder and double click the iso you want to play to start playing the game.
You can also go to options and configure the button combinations that you will be using to control the game. You can also go to file and select ‘save state” to save and “load state” to load.
Note: You need to go to configure and choose the BIOS files otherwise the games wont run. Also, the graphics option is mentioned underneath configuration and can be used to adjust screen resolutions. Use that to find the screen size that is just right for your pC, remember, no two systems are the same.