Screenshot of Mednafen
|File size||5.466 KB Installer|
Neo Geo Emulator(Mednafen) for Windows:
Launched on January 31 1990 in Japan and in 1991 in the west, the Neo Geo video game console was part of the 4th generation of the industry, offering games with an attractive 2D graphics. Long forgotten due to a low success, the release of the Neo Geo X in December 2012 brought the attention of gamers back to the console family. Indeed, it didn’t take long for them to rush to Mednafen, a Neo Geo emulator known for its cross platform ability, and one of the only ways of trying out the games of a console that has been discontinued long ago.
Used to emulate various consoles, Mednafen thus has no accurate system requirements. The following are however the minimum necessary when used as a Neo Geo emulator, to ensure that all the games will play decently.
- Windows 98 / NT/ 2000 32bit
- 1GHz Processor
- GDI Rendering for Compatibility
- 1GB of RAM
- 128MB of VRAM
- Windows 7 32bit
- Dual Core Processor
- DirectX 9 Rendering
- 2GB of RAM
- 256MB of VRAM
Download and Installation
The multi-platform emulator is available for Windows PCs in an archive file on the official website of Mednafen. Installation should be done as follows:
- Download the Mednafen ZIP archive file.
- Create a folder named “Mednafen” in the path of your choice on your PC.
- Open the Mednafen ZIP archive file with the software of your choice (WinRAR or WinZIP).
- Extract the files to the “Mednafen” folder previously created.
- (Optional) Create a shortcut for mednafen.exe and paste it on your desktop
Unlike other emulators, Mednafen require no real configurations, although it is good to know the following keys and combinations, and the different commands they are assigned to in the Mednafen Neo Geo emulator.
- F1 – Opens the help screen in-game
- F5 – Saves your progress
- F7 – Loads a previous save file
- 0-9 – Loads a save file assigned to a number
- Shift + F5 – Records a gameplay video
- Shift + F7 – Plays a gameplay video
- Shift + 0-9 – Plays a gameplay video assigned to a number
- ALT + C – Displays the “cheat” screen
- ALT + T – Activates/Deactivates cheats
- ALT + A – Enters the frame advance mode. No effect is the frame advance mode is already enabled
- ALT + R – Exits the frame advance mode. No effect is the frame advance mode is already disabled.
- SHIFT + F1 – Displays/Hides the FPS (frames per second) counter
- F9 – Takes a Screenshot
- SHIFT + F9 – Saves a Screenshot
- ALT + O – Rotates the screen by 90 degrees
- Alt + Enter – Enables/Disables Fullscreen mode.